1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Aldean Should've Known Better. Marx would be Right Here Waiting and wouldn't stop until he was Satisfied.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Marx can be entertainingly snarky toward hateful people on Twitter. I put him up there with Mark Hamill.

I agree with you about your first talking point. There are artists who see their newly acquired platforms as a chance to make things better. Isbell is the face of that. As for the remaining three, they're still around, still recording, and making their thoughts about matters known. I think the new versus lasting acts dichotomy is different when it comes to country music. Moreover, even the full acceptance of genres within the category of country take some time to be embraced.

Fight me. No, I'm kidding. That's my take and I'd be interested in hearing from people who see this differently.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Gosh. I didn’t realize white men had it so hard. Poor fellas.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I saw Lyle Lovett in concert last year. And he’s AAA country at most.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I wonder what specifically he wants it restored to. He needs to answer that question.

(I know the answer, and so does everyone, but he needs to have the balls to say it)

OscarMadison and UNCGrad like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This is an evisceration.

Jason Aldean: Ignorant or Just Full of Crap?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Damn. First Mathew Shepherd on the racism thread and now this. I need a moment to collect myself here.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

9. Spartan Squad

No. We’ve established that is a terrible idea :D

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I didn’t go through 1/1000000 of what gays and racial minorities go through, but there were stretches when my life was hell because I tried “that” in a small town. And “that” ranged from being a bookworm to liking a different SEC team to just moving in from the county next door. The pressure to conform is all-consuming.

11. Spartan Squad

I once wore a Superman shirt to the store. I came back to some homophobic things written on my car.

That was one time in my medium town. In Cali. I can’t imagine small towns in the South or elsewhere.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Haven't been into country music since Alabama was still a thing but remember stumbling upon "Big Green Tractor" the first time while scanning FM searching for a football game. Hung with it momentarily until thinking, "This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while."
    Did he get a John Deere commercial out of it?

Draft saved Draft deleted