1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Why a former Times CEO helming CNN is bad news for Biden."

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Among the many things that annoy me about Trump is his fourth-grade vocabulary. "Perfect" phone call. "Sacred" landslide. "Our beautiful" second Amendment. No one ever used words like that to describe things before.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Problem is, how many in his cult – er, base – would understand it if it weren't so watered down?

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is the Sharpie out already?

garrow, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A few Trumpers die every day and more turn 18.

Tick tock, toadstool sitters.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

crappy actress who starred in crappy all-white show is so over cancel culture you guys, even though she's never been cancelled.

Whatever cancel culture precisely means

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He is dumber than peat moss, but this is largely sleight-of-hand he plays with his cultists.
    He wants them fastened to descriptors he has given these things so they will bleat them out in his honor and on his behalf.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fantastic, magnificent, unbelievable, tremendous

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It sort of sounds Iike she's arguing for the balm of sweet forgiveness for poor misunderstood Harvey Weinstein, yet then she helpfully adds she didn't want to be alone in a room with him.
    I guess it's a bad thing we're canceling friendly fellas such as Harvey Weinstein? "Is there no forgiveness?"

Uhhhhhh ... no, there isn't.

"Cancel culture" means "fuck around and find out."

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

to me it means I am not obligated to support/further bankroll what I have determined to be trash. Don't know why they can't understand that.

They cancelled newspapers. I reacted in like.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've always despised the "cancel" trope. If I choose not to do business with someone for whatever reason, and that person's business fails, oh well. No one is obligated to do business with anyone else.

wicked and UPChip like this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

When Florida requests FEMA aid by the this time tomorrow, Biden should personally show up for a presser to announce what the Biden Administration is doing for the people of the state. Force DeSantis, Scott, Rubio, and Gaetz all to be there, make it known they regularly vote against federal aid, and then make them all touch his sack during the photo.

Draft saved Draft deleted