1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Obama winning Indiana is already a good bar bet fact.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ted Kennedy and Jesse Jackson fueled that. Then Obama got elected and that turbocharged the anathema.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Amazing, but not surprising, at all the sustained butthurt just because a black man was duly elected president.

The rot comes from within.

wicked and Smallpotatoes like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, when he played the only awesome guitar solo of his life, that he's been coasting on for 55 years.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Holy Fucking Strawman, Batman!

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What can I say? I have a gift.

Regan MacNeil and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yep. Gore lost his home state of Tennessee, and that obviously affected the outcome (and history).

SFIND and wicked like this.
  8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Money?

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I guess when you’re older you also realize things need to be a certain way and that life isn’t just one big party and someone has to pay the bills. Maybe that’s a part of it. Also the God and country stuff that seemed so corny when someone was a kid doesn’t seem so corny anymore.

I wonder what the Parkland survivors will be like when they’re old enough to have kids in high school. Might they become more in favor of gun rights?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Whether it’s Ron DeSantis rejecting IRA money or the British fighting the Irish Republican Army, both sides have a problem with IRAs.” — NY Times Pitchbot.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'd say the argument could be made that Daniels' career was far better off pre mid 80s than post. I don't know that for a fact, but you certainly don't hear mush radio airplay other than the early stuff. How that translates to money, I couldn't venture. I'm just basing it on popularity.

Draft saved Draft deleted