1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Did they attend medical schools that received absolutely no local, state or federal tax support? Of course they didn't. Did they receive low-interest, federally-back student loans to pay for medical school? Probably.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

garrow and dixiehack like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Someone should offer the trade: DiFi for Mitch. Let both their replacements in. Mitch's replacement has to be a Republican, per KY rules.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That kind of backroom horse trading is the stuff that would royally piss off the MAGAs - which is another reason to do it.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wonder what the rules say about the speed at which the governor has to replace. DeSantis left an entire congressional district without representation for a year and a half because he wouldn't call for the special election.
    Let the Kentucky Rs put forth a name and then the gov get around to acting on it in his own good time.

franticscribe and garrow like this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm not even suggesting any ratfuckery. Just an honest trade.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

According to the story I read, right before freezing he was asked about running for re-election in 2026.
    I'll put him down for a No.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I legitimately get sweats seeing that screen thinking of the times this happened while on deadline.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Dead man walking. But each party has so many geezers get elected they refuse to use age as a campaign issue. Which they clearly should.

And yes, this includes Biden. He's too old. And the Republicans have every right to use it as an issue. It's up to him to diffuse it.

WriteThinking likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted