1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well remember Chris Christie caught hell from MAGGAT nation for conversing civilly with Obama and even shaking his hand in the aftermath of hurricane Sandy (and continues even to this day)
    But of course in that case they had the "chocolate doesn't wash off" stuff

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dennis Kucinich is part of RFKII’s campaign? I know he’s a nutbag, but he used to be a very reliable Democratic nutbag — I don’t think he ever opposed vaccines.

But damn, his wife is still hot.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

RFK Jr. is a stalking horse for the Republican Party. Only problem is, it was so fucking obvious from the very beginning, and RFK Jr. is a fucking nutjob. There's not going to be a Dem primary worth covering, no matter how many DC press corps shit-for-brains wishcast it.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The GOP realized in 2020 and 2022 that Democrat voters in states that allow open primaries were choosing to sabotage Republican races in an effort to de-MAGA-tize the elections. (Raises hand!)

This is just a terribly translucent Trojan horse attempt by the GOP, since they know none of their primaries will be anything but a Trump slurpfest, to try and siphon away support for Biden and perhaps sway "undecideds or independents" before the general. It's got about as much of a chance as No Labels, which is trying to do divide and conquer with spectacularly unsucessful results.

The rematch will happen. There's just two circumstances where it doesn't. One, Biden is decalred unfit to run between now and next November. Two, Trump is wearing prison orange (and even then, his voters won't care).

To be brutally honest, if anyone in this country is undecided after the past 12 years, RFK Jr. isn't going to make any difference at all.

5. Regan MacNeil

Pretty much every Dem primary vote for RFK Jr. will either be from 1. A Republican, or 2. Someone who wouldn't have shown up to vote for Biden in the general anyway. Nothing lost either way.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I absolutely plan to vote in the GOP Primary come Super Tuesday.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Agree the RFK Jr. exercise is both transparent and stupid. Going nowhere.

No Labels is a giant ratfucking operation that could work, depending on who the candidate is. I'm reserving judgment on it until I know more.

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Problem is, No Labels just added a former major Trump donor to a top campaign position. They can hide some of the money, but not all of it. And none of it is coming from the left.

So it's the same thing with RFK Jr. No one who was going to vote for Biden is going to change his or her mind based on the No Labels party.

10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I was told when I got this job just to post fart news, not to have an opinion about it.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And yet.....

matt_garth likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Not quite West Wing, but there’s some damn nice, restrained writing there. Well done.

OscarMadison, garrow and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted