1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He was in Washington two days earlier, was arrested on charges that he defaced a Black Lives Matter banner during an earlier rally in Washington and was ordered to leave the city.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that a guy who has broken the law repeatedly decided to follow a judge’s order and leave the city of his own accord.

This tells me:
    • He knew his fingerprints were (stupidly) all over this op. The Baltimore trip offered up the veneer of plausible deniability.
    • The feds had more of a clue about the extent of 1/6 planning than they let on. They knew this guy was up to something. The National Guard should have been active and on the ground beforehand.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I think the lesson here is, "Don't sketch out your plans for the coup on the Internet."

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I mean, if you can’t trust an unlicensed eye doctor’s opinion on neurological matters …

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Still doesn't change the fact he wasn't in DC., which Reiner got wrong.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

How in the hell did Kentucky elect a democrat as governor when another statewide election keeps electing Rand Fucking Paul?

I despise McConnell. But I get why he wins elections. He gets results. Unethically and with blatant hypocrisy, but he gets them.

Rand Paul has done nothing. He’s nothing more than a Russian cheerleader, and a neighbor’s punching bag with the world’s most obvious hairpiece.

garrow likes this.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Good luck. SCOTUS will rule for Trump, but at least someone’s trying.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's not so simple as a ruling for Trump. To boil it down to that conclusion is ignorant.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I kind of wonder about this. Like, they don't give a shit - they have their jobs for life. Plenty of Trump appointed judges in lower courts also haven't had an issue with ruling against "him," whether we're talking about Jan. 6 defendants or the multitude of stupid election lawsuits he's brought forward. He (and really, mostly whatever Rs had his ear at the time) mostly appointed judges that adhered to hard right conservative principles, but not people who wanted to overthrow the government. Kind of like in The Wire, where Slim Charles is fine doing murders, but draws the line at "some assassination shit" with Clay Davis.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It’s worth the effort to pursue the 14th idea. And trump should be banned from running again under it. What he did is clear, and disqualifying, to everyone outside the cult.

But for this illegitimate SCOTUS to do the right thing, a conviction in one or more of trump’s cases will be needed. And even then I’d have my doubts with the group of hard-right zealots on the bench.

By all means, though, see where it goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted