1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Amazed they don’t require it to be loaded to a Walmart gift card.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From the "all politics is local" file ...

I live in a historic neighborhood. Quiet. Narrow streets. Lots of people walking dogs and kids on bikes. Very serene. A block over, there's a small city park surrounded by Circle Drive, going south off Circle is Vista Blvd. - which has a median in the middle with grass and trees in it. The entire 20-plus years we've lived here, we've assumed Circle was a roundabout and Vista was one way on each side of the median.

On Thursday, in a neighborhood FB group. a guy started griping about a "Karen" who stopped him from driving down Vista because she thought it was one way. He said it wasn't, you could drive either direction on either side of the median. He got angry when people asked "Have you checked with the city?" He even broke out the "Why don't you come over to my house and we'll talk face-to-face?" So I emailed the city streets department asking for a clarification about Vista. Less than 30 minutes later, the department's director emailed me back and said it was a traditional boulevard - and always had been - and signage would be going up that day. So the city put up signs showing Circle is a roundabout and Vista is one way in each direction.

Dude has now put up "Make Hillcrest Great Again" posters on every new sign the city put up. He's got some of the neighborhood boomers working with a local MAGA group to get the street signs removed and the street department director fired.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can it be done with child labor?

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

*MyPillow gift cards

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

America is fucked

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

it is pretty amazing when you consider this is the same country that was once swept up by Macarena.

Woody Long likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'll cut you.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

No board of directors in our country would ever hire Donald J. Trump as chief executive. Why should we?

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted