1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No, you CAN'T root in the damn press box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jr/shotglass, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Situation

Situation Member

Know what you're saying. Producing the content is only half the battle. What are you doing to try to gain traffic? Social media? Email marketing? SEO? Outreach to others to link to you? Advertising? Is your site Google News approved?

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

There's an element of this that bothers me more than the homerism. It is using her status in the media to get loved ones access that they wouldn't normally get and definitely most who aren't in her shoes would get. She is certainly not the only one in this position who has ever done this, but it doesn't make it right or good. But at this point she has totally jumped the shark on her Deion obsession so whatever.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

1,000 percent.

exmediahack, Roscablo and Liut like this.
  4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

On my end mostly SEO. We are Google News approved. I don't handle anything else, even newsletters which I probably should but someone else handles them. I have built the content enough where we could easily do a daily newsletter, and honestly, I bet it would probably come close to doubling our daily traffic, but those above me have been reluctant to do it because of the added work. I don't really know much what their traffic goals, and they seem content in terms of sales, just in my own views, especially when I can see the numbers in real time, I would like them to be higher and more consistent. We are also redesigning the site, which might impact all of this.

Liut, 2muchcoffeeman and Situation like this.
  5. Fdufta

Fdufta Member

This is brutal.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

BuffaCheer is totally oblivious to any type of ethics standards or how what she is doing is bad.

And no one at her station cares because they have access, and none of her viewers and fans care because "Yay Team! Don't be mean!"

Who will be surprised in another year or two when the rumors start making the rounds about a little Buffapanky going on? Few, probably.

Liut, Roscablo and Fdufta like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Be interesting in a couple of years if this plays out as some have predicted here and Sanders (death before Coach Prime) moves up the P5 (at least at this posting) food chain? Does she wash her hands of him or try to get a gig wherever he's headed next?

Oh hell, waiting to see how many fall off the bandwagon after the back-to-back with Oregon and USC.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

OK, since I've been defending her on these threads I will say... this is fucking gross.

I have no real issue with her posing there, or getting a photo of Sanders with her parents. But calling it an "unbelievable blessing" and adding "There is no limit to his kindness" is badly over the top and unprofessional.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Let the hate flow through you... Yesssss!
    [​IMG]

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Kindness?? He’s a football coach out to win games. If you’re a 4-star plus, he’s kind. If you’re a holdover, pack your bags.

and she’s doing this at… 36?

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I bet the 60 or so kids he told GTFOH would big beg to differ on that limit

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

She's not wearing her Buffaloes jersey. Bad form, missy.

Liut, HanSenSE and MileHigh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted