1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I’m not sure. I will have to get Black to you on that.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If it came down to thst exact choice, of course I'd vote for Michelle Obama over Fatfuck. Shit, I'd vote for Serena Williams over Fatfuck. I'd vote for Megan Thee Stsllion over Fatfuck.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I guess that’s an interesting question: Who would be the Democrat nominee who would give you pause in a race against Trump? Is there anybody who’d make you say, nah, I’ll sit this one out? I mean, I didn’t vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 with great enthusiasm, but I definitely felt the need to lodge a vote against what we all knew was to come.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The question wasn't whether or not she'd be good at the job but whether or not she could win.

Fred siegle and Vombatus like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Trump is corrupt. We knew this before he was elected and we only saw more evidence of it while he was president. Even little things like business funneled to Mar-a-Lag-O or some of the shady shit involving his daughter and son-in-law, much of which is as bad or worse than even the accusations against Biden. Let's not forget using campaign funds to pay his legal bills.

Trump was terrible at the job, mostly due to his own selfishness. If there is a crisis, he proved that he will do what is best for himself, not what is best for the country. He demonstrated that by the way he fucked up the federal response to COVID. He has no respect for the job or the country. He is the most selfish person to ever hold that office, which is quite a distinction.

Trump lacks any real morality. We knew that before he was elected, too. He cheated on all three of his wives. He has many accusations of sexual misconduct against him.

That is before we even get to his response to losing the election. He would have happily torn the whole system down to keep himself in power if he thought he could get away with it. As it was, he sparked an assault on Congress, not caring who got hurt if it might intimidate people into giving him his way. When that failed, he did what he has done so many times in life when threatened or when things don't go his way, he tried to bury the problem in lawsuits. Despite never presenting any viable evidence, he falsely claimed and continues to claim that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

He is a prolific liar on a scale we've never seen from a president. 'nuff said about that.

I wrote that off the top of my head, so I'm not even sure I touched on everything related to the indictments against him.

The best Republicans can do is accuse Biden of having a son who is a criminal and insist that he must have taken a cut. Oh, and he's old, too. Maybe he steps aside or dies between now and November, but he is most likely going to be the nominee.

If not, who the hell could Democrats nominate that would be worse than Trump when you consider all of the above?

6. FileNotFound

And yet, there are still smart people who are nervous that he could win in 2024.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I hope Romney goes full scorched earth on the GOP, Trump, and Senate in general over the next year and a half. What does he have to lose?
    He has more money than Jed Clampett and isn't seeking re-election ever again. His legacy could be saving a sinking ship.

8. FileNotFound

Mitt Romney: the John Kasich of the West.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Joe Biden, playin' the Oldies.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As I understand it covetousness is not an entry in the "My pols are holier than your pols" rubric.

Azrael likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Donald Trump can not be President again, and the hypothetical Dem who I wouldn't vote for (opening the door for a possible Trump) win doesn't exist.

Literally any Democrat senator, congressman, governor, or cabinet member.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You'd briskly pull the lever for RFK, Jr.? I don't know ... I probably would pull the lever, but it'd be with great reluctance.

Draft saved Draft deleted