1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No, you CAN'T root in the damn press box

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jr/shotglass, Sep 4, 2023.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

dixiehack likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

More Deion slurping.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Their relationship - TV, host-coach, whatever - IMO won’t end well.

She may fit right in with the “civic pride cheering” that goes on out there for some anchors. I hope nothing happens because the ongoing story with CU’s resurgence is cool to watch. They’re the hottest thing in the game right now.

But her X posts seem more like hard schoolgirl crush edging toward the, “Ohhhh, they’re what?!?!?” situation.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe missing toes do it for her. @Chef2 be ready for the rebound!

5. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Yeah....I've made my case earlier is this repeatedly derailed thread that covering your alma mater is somewhat of an exception to the rooting rule. There is a way to root and still come off professional (or at least semi-professional).

However, she's just getting worse with each post and is approaching stalker status with a press pass. It's gone well beyond bias and is bordering on obsession. As a young woman, this could easily set her up in some vulnerable positions down the road if she's not careful.

SixToe likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

She’s 36, right? The young woman excuse has expired.

SixToe, 2muchcoffeeman and MileHigh like this.
  7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I would think there would have been a time, but maybe not, her bosses would tell her to cut it out. But then, I am sure it is all gaining their station a ton of attention at the moment.

This is a terrible look for her whether her fans and Deion's fans think it or not. I would be so nervous about any weird implications down the road, whether warranted or not. Especially in today's social media world. Especially with all the focus on Prime. Let alone the just plain unprofessional aspect of it.

I have mentioned it before buried here long ago, but my first beat at the college paper was the volleyball team. I got close with that team on a social level, young and dumb and thrilled to be around a good sports program and all that. Went to football games with them and so on. Nothing beyond that, but really too much. Anyway, somewhere around the same time, funny enough at CU, a reporter for their college paper got in trouble for dating or trying to date a volleyball or basketball player or something. Before social media and it made local mainstream media. Scared me to death. This is what I actually wanted to do with my life and I wasn't going to let it end because I went to football games with the volleyball team or hung around them after practice. Stopped that right in its tracks. A few years later I got asked by a women's basketball player, during an interview, if I would date anyone on the team. And I was just like, yeah, no, and told her why.

And that was all just young and dumb and kids stuff and we were technically college peers, but still. I guess Romi Bean thinks she is a kid with all this.

I can't imagine dealing with that stuff in a social media world if this is something you really take seriously and want to do with your life. Bean in some way must feel like this is benefiting her and Sanders and she obviously feels it is all sincere. It's not like all media isn't slurping him either. But put me in this is likely not going to end well for her camp.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    Patchen, Dog8Cats, SixToe and 2 others like this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'll be the skeptic who says -- what are the odds he actually said this.

Everything they do is filmed 24-7 and mic'd up and yet this clip doesn't exist / hasn't been released.

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Giggity.

12. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Clip doesn't exist? It's from an hour-long interview

Draft saved Draft deleted