1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Baseball multitasking!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Small markets have no shot yadda yadda ...

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Teams who had lights were limited to seven night games a year (one per each opponent in their league). The idea of expanding to additional night games came about as a rationale for allowing war industry workers who were on the day shift to be able to watch a game at night once they were off-duty.

I still remember as a young kid when it was a big deal for a team to draw one million fans in a season. It wasn’t common until the 80s.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

On this date in BYH nightmares:

1926 — The St. Louis Browns beat the New York Yankees 6-1 and 6-2 in a doubleheader that took two hours and seven minutes. The first game took 55 minutes.

It was the middle of Prohibition, so beer vendors were fucked anyway.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm going to allow myself to get greedy and hope the Orioles secure the AL East title on Wednesday. It would be especially sweet to lock it up in light of the opponent.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

"This really sucks."--BYH, negative-47 years old, said to a preteen grandparent who had no idea who he was

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Not that it’s any surprise, but Cleveland is giving out “Thank You, Tito” shirts for their final home game, all but announcing Francona’s retirement.

One of the greats, and one win in 2016 from being an inner circle all-timer.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Fucking Trevor Bauer.

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Tough year in Anaheim.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That seems suboptimal.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The Mariners sure wish Verlander was still in New York. Monday night he picked up where he left off against them last season, throwing eight shutout innings as Houston won the series opener.

M’s pretty much need to win their final six games. They’re 1-1/2 games behind Houston for the final wild card spot and four games behind Texas in the AL West.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If it’s any consolation (it’s not), were it not for that lack of a win, I’d still be a neurotic wreck and mf’ing everyone up and down every baseball thread every other day.

UNCGrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted