1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the usual suspects will need a fainting couch over using the word "shitter." The same ones who were silent when Marge Trailer Greene was flashing around cock 'n' balls.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He refused to go after Trump in 2016 even though he knew he was unqualified because he wanted his voters. He was the head of Trump’s transition team and viewed the incompetence and corruption up close. He was close enough to Trump to catch Covid from him. Appreciate what he’s saying now, but way too little and way too late.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There’s an earlier portion when she rants about how Republicans keep saying the word “if”. She asks the guy on the right if he knew how often they were saying the word “if”, and the guy actually was keeping count and it was 35.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Something we've ignored is the Senate dress code issue with Fetterman. I like Fetterman, and I'm glad he won, but be a grown ass man and dress appropriately when you go to work.
    I don't wear a suit to work. My every day work attire is a collared shirt and pants. I'd be perfectly fine with senators wearing dress pants and shirt, tie optional, jacket recommended.
    Have some respect, and don't show up looking like you are headed for a pickup basketball game.
    Don't get me wrong. When I'm not at work, my uniform of the day is t-shirt and shorts. But I belong to a civic organization, and as an elder statesman, I've sent members away from meetings, "You're not coming in here dressed like that."

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

First- just wow. Sumbitch got caught cold and called out for introducing a faked text message into evidence. Second, I've never been an AOL fanboi, but she keeps impressing me.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t know, I’m prone to cut Fetterman a break.

I also cheer for the laundry, and he’s on my favorite team.

Whether his blue collar shtick is fake or real, at least he’s trying to reach out to that voter. Not sure many other folks on the left in PA are. Republicans are, but they’re all full of shit.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. There should be a high standard.

My main issue with the outcry was the loudest people with the vapors have looked the other way when a mob broke in, shit on the floor and trashed the place while trying to overthrow the government.

They need to shut the fuck up. But they won’t.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He's also recovering from a stroke and dealing with crippling depression. I'm not going to get worked up about a hoodie, and he's not dressing like that on the Senate floor.

Frankly, any "issue" raised by Congress right now that isn't directly tied to avoiding a shutdown and paying the bills just pisses me off.

9. Neutral Corner

Christie is the same Republican dork he always was. He's just nursing a healthy grudge against Trump, and taking pleasure in sticking a shiv in his ribs any chance he gets. Besides, as long as he's a candidate other people will pay to fly him around the country, stay in luxury hotels, and eat in good restaurants. There's nothing not to like for him, and nothing much to like about him other than that he shits on
    Trump every chance he gets.

10. Neutral Corner

This right here.

OscarMadison and Woody Long like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

I plan to have fun tomorrow calling my useless sack of crap Congressman and asking why it is that a Republican majority in the House can't pass the farm bill or the defense bill.

Some poor office aide is going to have to tapdance an answer to that, and I'm not going to let him off the hook until I've worked him over. It's kinda petty, but it's fun.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

OscarMadison, sgreenwell and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted