1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, pissing off thirty million young voters is some smooth politics.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's been the GQP game plan for a long time: Make a fuss over minor issues like trans athletes, which books are being read, etc., but on the economy, foreign policy, etc., their only answer is "we don't like Biden's plan."

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Do not want to see what Fox will do to this.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When I saw this at first, I presumed the guy in the middle was Steve Bannon. Looks just like him.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the line -- they keep saying If and Hunter if this was a drinking game I'd be drunk by now

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Why would Republicans call hearings when they had so little to deliver?

If I were a D MoC: "See, the way these things work is, you bring in expert witnesses, with documents and proof of what you are alledging. I don't even think YOU know what you are alleging at this point. And then we do our best to damage the credibility of your witnesses, because we can't dismiss the credibility of the evidence. And hopefully, you gain enough public interest where people are aghast at the revelations you have uncovered. Maybe even a newspaper calls for the target of your investigation to step down. Then the target gets impeached. And since your side doesn't even have a majority in the Senate - let alone two-thirds, the case goes nowhere, but at least you can say you "impeached a President" before you lose control of the House next November." All while forgetting to fund the government. Congratulations."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

MAGA chuds want to put.....

.....a financial fraud in charge of our economy
    .....a criminal in charge of the Justice Department and judicial nominations
    .....a psycho in charge of the nuclear arsenal
    .....a traitorous collaborator in charge of diplomacy

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Alternate theory on the hearings: Freedom caucus folks tanking the hearings to make McCarthy look bad, undermine him and force him out while McCarthy loyalists are tanking the hearings to make Freedom caucus folks look bad and get a spending bill passed before the shutdown. Funny thing is - they both might get what they want.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I don’t think it goes any deeper than the MAGA caucus needs these hearings to sell to Fox News and even the quasi-sane GOP has to be “for it” so they don’t piss off their base.

It doesn’t matter that they’re a complete farce.

Draft saved Draft deleted