1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Water temperatures of only 85? That is warm. To use the 2004-2005 storms you cite such as Katrina that was a year that most of the Gulf had water temperatures of 86, which was unusually warm. Which might have had something to do with the severity of the storms that year. Admittedly there was a patch of water that was 92 just off the Louisiana coast taht contributed tot eh buildup of Katrine..

However I agree with you that every negative weather event can be blamed on global warming. Catastrophic weather events have occurred since the beginning of time. But warmer water will lead to
    stronger hurricanes.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

85 is warm for the coast of North Carolina this time of year. But not Acapulco.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 2.24.11 PM.png

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm garrow. My fellow voters, I wanted to share a few words with you about the next presidential election. And here they are: wake the f*ck up. Wake up motherf*ckers, wake up! You mad about inflation? So am I. It sucks. I am not wealthy. I am an ex-journalist who now works as a _____. But you know what, if Trump was president now....the prices would still be high! And who knows what other terrible things would be afflicting us. Let's not find out, okay? Vote blue. No matter who.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wasserman (Cook Political Report) already calls incumbent Dem governor Andy Beshear the winner in Kentucky.

Haven't paid too much attention to that one but figured it'd be close.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Democratic Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear just won re-election, beating his Trump-endorsed opponent in a state that voted for Trump by 26% in 2020.

Draft saved Draft deleted