1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

All these wins just have to be bad for Biden. Somehow.

I’m sure the usual suspects in punditry will tell us how soon.

Still very curious for someone to point out where all the new trump votes are coming from in 2024.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Can we stop with this not Biden stuff? We’re at the point of no return. It’s the presidential prerogative to run for re-election. They are the chief of the party. Any conversations about not running would have already happened. Now we’re passed or about to pass deadlines to get on ballots for the primary. Some have until later, but the Biden campaign already did the leg work to get on ballots. He’s not coming off. And if you tell me the DNC can decide at the convention, let me remind you how much voters loved that in 2016.

So this “he’s too old” is old. Dems knew this in 2020. They had this whole time to do something. He’s president. They get to make that decision. And polls? Vigorous rude motion.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I've already heard on CNN that Beshear has a strong brand in KY, and Biden doesn't have a strong brand so can't compare them at all. They all sure fight for polls and horse races. That's where the ratings - and money - are, I guess.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

You see, this take doesn’t draw clicks. Or make people angry and/or afraid.

Driftwood and Spartan Squad like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't think Trump will pick up many votes. But I think about 5 million 2020 Biden voters will sit out, turning a 7 million popular vote edge to about 2 million. And once you throw out California's 5 million edge to Biden, getting those remaining 215 EVs may prove difficult.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ohio House Speaker Jason Stephens: "The legislature has multiple paths that we will explore to continue to protect innocent life. This is not the end of the conversation."

Translation: The voters can fuck off.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

“We love democracy… until we don’t get the result we want.”

They’ve lost twice this year. What are they gonna try for round 3?

9. Deskgrunt50

Seems like a lot of wishcasting. How do you arrive at 5 million Biden voters sitting out, other than yanking it out of your posterior?

The “5 million” you think are squishy would more than likely be never-trump types. And they’ll turn out to vote against him.

It still comes down to about six states. And trump has still done nothing to gain any voters. Likely he’s lost many.

And Roe is still going to be a huge issue. Women are not going to suddenly stop being pissed off about having their rights stripped away. And trump is responsible for it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Why bad news for Glenn Youngkin is bad news for Biden.

11. Deskgrunt50

I imagine Yougkin’s house right now is a lot like Bob Rumson’s at the end of “The American President.”

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    garrow and Driftwood like this.
  12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Now Tim Ryan on MSNBC pushing the Beshear Brand argument.

This year is going to be so long.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted