1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Interestingly, Sabato looks like Lindell's uglier twin.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Honestly, we don't even need names on the ballots.

Just put D and R on there. That's all people vote for anyway.

Or better yet:
    Check 1
    __ Democracy

__ Fascism

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh, sure, yes. I get it. And it will be even worse today with the Tuesday results, which are probably less relevant than the polls. For all the talk that Trump is a "suck" for the GOP - it is probably true. The Dems do a better job getting anti-Trump voters to vote their way when he isn't on the ballot by tying every R to Trump in whatever way possible. But Trump also gets "his" voters to the polls when he is on the ballot - which is why Congressional Rs don't want to cross him knowing Trump will be on the Republican primary ballot. But they don't turn out when he isn't. Its why the Rs want him on the ballot in Nov.
    And I do wish someone on CNN pointed out to Axelrod that Obama was 43 approve, 48 disapprove a year before he was reelected. Axelrod didn't seem to question whether Biden should run. But the average of 41A 56D for Biden should at least merit some questions being asked. If Dems rallied around Biden in 2020 because he was "the only one" who could beat Trump, does that still hold?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The 65+ have never been the majority. They were 19% of the population in 1996 and 24% in 2020.

They're just not going away, to be magically replaced by the college kids, which is often the optimistic take on here. American birth rates are just too low.***

The EV math is so fucked up (California has 68X the population of Wyoming but only 18.3X the number of EVs) that the Democrats CAN'T win an election without a 3-4 million popular vote advantage. And not even that is a guarantee (see 2016).

***Blame abortion. :):):)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The number of abortions have been way down for 30+ years, but birth rates are falling as well. Blame condoms.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

No one would have known about that useless CNN poll were it not breathlessly shat-out on this forum and everywhere else.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOL. Forgot about that dingus.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

the most useless poster this site has ever had

that'd be you, by the way.

The Deeper+Background dingus used to catch all kinds of hell for his idiocy but youv'e got him beat.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Watch it, fart. I resemble that remark.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I disagree with the assertion the electorate will be less involved in 2024 than they were in 2020. They've seen what lengths the MAGA forces have gone to try and say relevant, from gerrymandered districts and election denialism to trying to reverse abortion and basic human rights. They voted yesterday, and they'll be voting next year as well. It took a tremendous GOTV effort in 2020 and don't be surprised if there's another one. And if the fraud trial in NYC is any indication, the shit's gonna get piled higher and deeper for Trump.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dennis Green, to the courtesy phone. Dennis Green, please pick up the SJ courtesy phone.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you're me, you read that as referring to Garrow.
    Reminds me to check to see who I've used the button on.

Fred siegle and Inky_Wretch like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted