1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Largely forgotten flick....but contains his ultimate performance

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Red Dawn was an integral part of my childhood.
    Gen X for the win.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

i really wonder who the lobby is behind the "pro" junk fees push? Ticketmaster? Spirit Airlines? Cell phone companies? And lets be real, there are no "hard-working Americans" behind the junk fees - they are corporate paper pushers seeking to pad the bottom-line.

4. DanOregon

I remember when Powers Boothe broke out playing Jim Jones in a CBS TV movie about Jonestown. He was amazing.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I like the ad, "build bridges, not walls". Is Phillips not going to run for re-election given his presidential candidacy?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I may or may not have been involved in organizing and hosting a Jim Jones Purple Passion Party while in college that featured that movie on a loop and a friend dressed like Boothe as Jim Jones. The tee shirts involved a cartoon Jim Jones sitting on a throne with several bodies laying around him - but they were just drunk, not dead!

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones (TV Movie 1980) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

What an amazing cast. About the only problem with the movie is that it didn't delve into Jones' connections with SF political leaders.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Good for him.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First time hearing about this MAGA on MAGA violence.

Candace Owens, the conservative pundit who hosts a podcast for the online network The Daily Wire, posted a cryptic message on social media Tuesday, consisting of Bible quotes about persecution and the worship of money, and the statement "Christ is King."

The posts, her first on the platform in two days, came shortly after Ben Shapiro, the Orthodox Jewish pundit who is also her employer, called Owens's response to the war in Gaza "disgraceful." Owens has not responded to Shapiro's comments.

The posts on the social media platform X appeared to some as an antisemitic dog-whistle, alluding to Shapiro's comments and invoking ancient anti-Jewish tropes through its use of Biblical language and its appeal to the Christian faith. Yashar Ali, the prominent journalist with more than 700,000 followers on the site, shared a screenshot and said, "I know what Candace's tweets mean."

Candace Owens accused of antisemitism in tiff with Ben Shapiro

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted