1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

One of the reporters i worked with a long time ago, his first question to every coach at the end of high school games was “did you make any adjustments at the half?’’

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If the games were about those in the stadium, I'd 100% agree. They're a TV show about getting eyeballs and ad dollars.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Burrow done for the year. See ya, Bengals.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well that puts my over on Burrow TD passes in serious trouble.

Webster and swingline like this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The NFL wouldn't be impacted a bit if the early window went from 1-4:30 and the late window from 4:30-8. Air 60 Minutes on Paramount Plus at 7 and air it at 8 on CBS.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

.... except on the West Coast.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is what I think of when I think of "halftime adjustments." For the longest time, I pictured coaches going over ideas with players until I needed to use the bathroom and the only one available was in the team's locker room. All the players sat in silence, getting a breath and maybe getting water. Coaches stayed outside chatting. From then on, what I imagined to be "adjustments" was just coaches saying "they're gashing us in this look, let's try more of this," or "If we can run a play to get Speedy McSpeedster a one-on-one, I think he'll beat that guy and go for a touchdown." I've always meant adjustments to mean figuring out which plays to run rather than moving bodies or reinventing the wheel.

Batman and Justin_Rice like this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Absolutely a non-starter for the stations.

Halftime does not need to be longer.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Holy frijoles!

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm in the minority but I have tuned out of reg season college football because of the time slog. I'll go back for the four-hour playoff games.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You can’t get them delivered to your seat? In that case, I’ll stick to baseball.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I made a bet preseason that the Jets would have no worse of a record than the Bengals. Feeling less awful about that now.

Draft saved Draft deleted