1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Giuliani fart-huffer Ellis has grown bold.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Just Another Keyboard Warrior. JAKW.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The SNL thread got me thinking about one of my favorite of their sketches. Gets me every time. The writing is so on point. The guy playing the interviewer was hilarious too.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rosalynn Carter has began receiving hospice care at her home.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If she's like Jimmy, she's on the Abe Vigoda plan.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know the DNC is just doing Biden's bidding, but I still think some primary debates would serve his campaign well. I don't like the idea that Biden needs to be "protected" and debates will be bad for him. The DNC tried to protect Hillary in a similar matter, scheduling debates so they would not be seen by many - Friday nights, other low-watched TV nights - it didn't end up so good for her. Better to be aggressive - particularly when Trump is shying away from debates.
    And if Biden NEEDS to be protected, then you should be having another conversation. Him going against Dean Phillips and Marianne Williamson is like some of these early non-conference basketball games where title contenders take on D-III schools.

wicked likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You know who pays attention to that? People like us who follow politics every day and know which party we are voting for.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Presenting a unified party is more important than meaningless primary debates. Which would do just the opposite.

There's a strong possibility the trumplicans are going to step on the same rake they smacked themselves in the face with three years ago. They have nothing but wall-to-wall messaging that Biden is a vegetable and can't speak at all, can't debate. They blast it to the cult, and some of it seeps through to the rest of the voting public.

They lower the bar of expectations to the ground, so when Biden just shows up coherent and knowledgeable on the issues and has a list accomplishments to tout, he looks pretty darn good to those not really paying close attention until it gets down to the wire. Especially in comparison to the blathering, screaming, twitching, sweating, makeup running, Hitler-quoting treasonous felon trump.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    qtlaw and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dixiehack is right. Biden was on TV this week meeting with Xi and addressing the APEC conference. He also did a press conference. The best campaigning a President can do at this point is to br seen being the President.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I wonder how many state capitals Trump could name.
    I wonder how many states he could name on a blank map.

“Person, woman, man, camera, TV. ... They said nobody
    gets it in order, it's actually not that easy. But for me it was easy.”

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted