1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Eagles have released their first-round draft pick.
    From 1994.
    Bizarre, interesting story. Offensive lineman Bernard Williams was the team's first-round pick that year, got suspended in 1995 for a positive marijuana test, then tested positive again during his suspension. He never played again in the NFL, but it seems the Eagles never formally released him, either. He played in the CFL, XFL 1.0 and Arena League, and somehow the Eagles maintained his rights all this time until they finally, uh, fixed the glitch this past week.

Bernard Williams on Eagles cutting him at age 51: I had no idea I was still on the roster

Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Tampa Bay stopping the run, but forgetting to do anything else on defense.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Schefter break the news?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

For all the talk about the buzzards circling around Frank Reich, who made that stupid trade? Who also gave away Christian McCaffrey?

Scott Fitterer needs to go.

UNCGrad likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I feel the Titans do not get the credit they deserve for being arguably the worst team in the league. I know the Panthers get a lot of attention for that, but the Titans track record over the past two years is horrendous. They haven’t won a road game in more than a calendar year.

6. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

Mitch Trubisky must be on the sideline thinking, “I’m not better than THAT guy?”

Hermes likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Purdy has the third perfect passer rating in 49ers history. He some guys named Joe Montana and Steve Young for that honor. Not bad company.

Oh, and just the second time in the Purdy era that the Niners scored less than 30 and won in the regular season.

qtlaw likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This was freaking hilarious. Especially since the guy for the Bills was the one who got the unnecessary roughness penalty for a late hit that started it all.

9. Spartan Squad

LOL Seattle

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

This is the weirdest thing ever. Dang.

Batman likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The big mistake the Steelers made regarding the running game was not using Warren as a feature back. This was his second consecutive game over 100 yards. His long touchdown run was the only reason the Steelers had a shot at the end. He is better than Najee Harris. No way in hell he should have only nine carries. With the ball at the Browns' 40 and the Steelers maybe five yards from a go-ahead field goal, Warren was on the sideline for first and second down. Both plays went to Harris and neither worked. I'm not sure the Steelers needed to go outside more. The Browns adjusted after the long touchdown, but Warren can run inside, too. They should have allowed him to carry them to field goal range. That is where Tomlin's stubbornness comes into play. He still thinks Harris deserves to start and get the ball more.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sadly, I'm not sure that he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted