1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is correct. See 1968 for best evidence. Could go back to 1952 as well.

TigerVols and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Re: COVID. I agree nobody wins rehashing it. And looking forward makes for a better campaign. Of course, all the trumplicans want to do is talk about the last election and spout conspiracy theories. That won’t play when it gets to crunch time.

Re: Announcing from the start that Biden would be a one-termer? That’s a ridiculous notion. Being a lame-duck on Day 1 means absolutely nothing would’ve gotten done.

Fred siegle and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

A far-right candidate well known for his tv appearances won the presidential election....in Argentina. What could go wrong?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was in response to a post about mandated COVID vaccinations and how the poster didn't think that should happen for schools until they did a better job stopping transmission, so yes, I figured people could follow the thread.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nikki Haley says teens will understand why TikTok will be banned after she is elected. Which makes me really question if Nikki Haley has actually parented teenagers.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean she got elected as the VP on a ballot where there was what, a 50-50 chance she'd be elevated to the position so people voted knowing that was a possibility.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

People tend to block that out. See Quayle, Dan.

And maybe with good reason. We don't kill presidents anymore, and the medical care they get is extraordinary. Replacement hasn't happened in almost 50 years, replacement because of death not in 60 years, replacement by death due to natural causes not in 79 years. But with an 82-year-old in 2024 . . . that elephant in the room likely is part of why his numbers are lagging.

10. Deskgrunt50

I still find Haley to be a phony. But she’s the only one who has the slimmest of chances to be the nominee (she won’t be). But I don’t fear she’d try to destroy the government if she did get elected. And I give her credit for a least trying to moderate her abortion stance. She waffled in the end but she’s at least aware enough to see it’s a giant loser for her party.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Would love to see Kamala wipe the floor with Nimrata and call her out on unethnicizing her name. Please let that be the case.

The right makes up a boogeyman and Fox News/RSBN/OAN/Newsmax shoves it down folks' throats. With Obama it was the birther nonsense. With Hillary it was "Crooked Hillary the Murderer." With Biden, it's his age. With Gavin Newsom, it would've been "he must be gay, he broke up with Kimberly Guilfoyle." Pope Francis could've been the D nominee and the R media operation would've found something to hammer him on.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted