1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Gun possession is not a crime if you're not a felon.

garrow likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

In the arson attempt at MLK’s boyhood home, if I wanted to be sardonic to the anchor whom isn’t aware of history, I wanted to write “Doctor King wasn’t home at the time” in the tag to see if she would read it.

But I didn’t.

Technically, that is correct.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

wicked and maumann like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Just saw a poll! I actually believe. It said for the California senate seat race, Schiff has a solid lead over Porter and is trouncing Garvey. I'd say that's true.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

IMG_6164.jpeg

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The real display of stupidity was allowing Stefanik to bait them into it so easily. One of them (I forget which one) nearly found the right idea, but she blew it. One of them said she hadn't heard anyone call for the genocide of Jewish people on her campus. Just say that and ask why Stefanik is misleading the American public by asking such a misleading question. Yes, some of the things being said by protesters and written on the signs they were carrying can be interpreted as a call for violence against Jewish people, but that isn't the same thing. Instead, they all came off as unprepared and uncaring about Jewish people. They all embarrassed themselves and their universities. If they got stuck answering the specific question Stefanik asked, then yes, calling for the genocide of any group constitutes a threat against members of that group, so it violates the school's code of conduct. That creates problems for them, but not as many as the terrible answers the did give.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This freaking guy:

WASHINGTON - Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif, said in an interview that he’d endorse former President Trump for president in 2024 and would serve in his cabinet if given the opportunity.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Typical

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Looks like Bannon's slightly-better-groomed brother.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. I heard that from my mom all the time growing up.

Draft saved Draft deleted