1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Blobbo is ranting and raving five days before Christmas ... and no one cares. That's what really makes him frantic.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

WAR EAGLE!

Tuberville backs Trump’s ‘poisoning the blood’ rhetoric - Roll Call

Alabama Republican Tommy Tuberville on Tuesday said he was disappointed that former President Donald Trump did not go further in recent remarks that immigrants were “poisoning the blood” of the United States — a stance that even members of his own party likely consider extreme.

“I’m mad he wasn’t even tougher than that. Because if you see what’s happening at the border, we are being overrun. They’re taking us over,” Tuberville said to reporters after being asked for his reaction to the former president’s remarks.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Florida Man.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Psycho liar Trump at it again

matt_garth and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

regarding the Colorado ruling - I do love the idea that it is a bad move to hold Trump accountable or follow the law because it will make his supporters "really mad." Why not just follow the law and not lead an insurrection? Honestly, the way some people think Trump should be handled is like those schools do with those special needs kids where the defense clears out and the offense lets him score to make him feel special. It's weird.

And the idea that the remedy of Trump's actions would put the country "on the brink" - rather than his actions themselves is absolutely ridiculous. It's like the Stockholm Syndrome.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    wicked, OscarMadison, garrow and 3 others like this.
  6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I play Cheeto advocate and say he’s never actually read any book.

9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Here's another scary thing about Trump. Somebody is writing these speeches for him. We sure as hell know he's not taking the time write speeches.

So, he's blabbing whatever - and whatever-plus-off-script - is on the prompter, including these phrases. Now, that is not me absolving Trump of this hate speech and dog whistling; this is all certainly a form of rhetoric we've seen him use in the past. But it also means somebody is writing this shit, he's approving of the shit being written, so much so that after he says it at a rally, he later doubles-down because he sure as hell can't admit any sort of wrongdoing. And if it is being written into a speech for campaign rallies for the orange lord and savior to say to his masses, that means it is a fundamental thought of his organization and campaign, and thus by proxy, his supporters. And he's probably too goddamned dumb to realize any of it. That, or he believes it, too. Both things can be true, and even if only one is true and not the other, that is still utterly terrifying. And yet he's going to be the nominee again.

That is the poison.

wicked, Inky_Wretch, garrow and 2 others like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Steven Miller is writing everything Trump says.

OscarMadison, Dyno and TigerVols like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’d have sworn Ears Whitworth’s title as most despicable SEC football coach was untouchable. But a new pair of ears has arisen to contend for the throne.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I've long referred to Duke's law school as the Richard M. Nixon School of Law. I think I may have to start referring to the Sanford School as the Steven Miller School of Public Policy.

Draft saved Draft deleted