1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy birthday, Jesus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Dec 25, 2023.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

But not nearly as much as not being able to hit a curve ball.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My daughter’s birthday is the 22nd. The worst part was she’d get so much stuff in a short period that she would forget about gifts she’d gotten.

That was when she was still young enough to want toys. As a 15-year-old, her wish list was clothing. I miss putting toys together on Christmas Eve!

Anyway, Merry Christmas to y’all. Thanks for making this place what it is - the good outweighs the bad.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all my SJ friends.

If you don’t happen to observe the day, Happy Festivus.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I had no idea Oz was that close to Tahoe.

The more you know …

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's our anniversary. Friday was No. 15.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays from Newport, Oregon, the western terminus of US Highway 20. If I headed east for 2,700 miles I'd be less than a block from my childhood home in Western New York.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You could be waist-deep in the water at Sand Harbor and you'll still be 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe.

Lake Tahoe is a singularity all to itself.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Go a few hundred more miles and you're close to my house (I live near the stretch of US 20 called Boston Post Road, right near where Framingham, Wayland and Sudbury, Mass., all converge). The eastern terminus is in Kenmore Square, near Fenway Park.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Is there a Rouge brewpub there? I seem to remember there being one there.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FXX has been showing all The Simpsons' Christmas-based episodes, and I caught a bit of one of the later ones. Homer is somehow in a magical Christmas party for various holiday icons., elves, living Christmas trees, etc., and sees a scarecrow with a jack o' lantern for a head drinking an eggnog. Homer asks "hey, what are you doing here?" The reply is "Halloween decorations go on sale December 26th."

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At my parents house waiting for my brother and his family to arrive. And for the first time since before the pandemic, I have my son with me today. We’ve been estranged for five-plus years now and I’ve had to give him space and time while not knowing if there was a happily ever after to the story.

It’s still pretty awkward, but he’s been patient and polite for the ride up, if not super talkative. I know him coming is more about my parents than me, but I’ve been given my one more day. I’m trying to take it all in.

Draft saved Draft deleted