1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The question I have is why is that even a question for a 2024 presidential candidate? Why not ask what caused the Mexican-American War or the Great Depression? We know, and who gives a shit?
    I'd ask a candidate: What are you prepared to do to keep a literal shit-stained, semi-literate, felon along with his Bible-thumping, racist, uneducated cult members from tearing apart the country a second time?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Because we’ve fallen into a deep pile of shit as a country where one of the two viable political parties is banking heavily on soothing the feelings of pissy, fragile white reactionaries. If we were in a healthier place, either the question would have never been asked or it would have landed with a thud as everyone treated the questioner as a moron and/or gadfly. Imagine trying to trip up the committee that awards Nobel prizes in chemistry by asking which elements make up water.

But somehow making this 1-foot putt was too much of an ask for the alleged “sensible” Republican.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ms. Haley has spent a great deal of time (and some trouble) tangled up in South Carolina, Confederate and Civil War history.

Seems reasonable to question the evolution of her thinking on the matter.

Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I realize what an idiot I am when I try to argue with anyone who has a pro-Trump bent. I beat my head off a wall for 30 seconds usually once every six to eight weeks trying to reason with such meatheads. Unlike SP, I will not provide you with a transcript of the conversation. Back into my pro-democracy cave I go.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

One of the 20th century physics biggies on his wife leaving him ... "Had she taken a bullfighter, I would have understood. But a chemist ..."

We now resume our regular programming.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

when in doubt use the otter defense

But you can't hold a whole fraternity responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole fraternity system? And if the whole fraternity system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

maumann likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Are the Republicans not the Party of Lincoln? (blue font optional)

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

Yet, his followers scream to high heaven when he's cut out of the Canadian TV version of the movie.

9. HanSenSE

Just saw the original clip in full on CNN. It appears she is so tied into her "government bad" routine she's unable to think on her feet. And the walkback is just as bad.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That phrase (but not that spelling) was trending on Elon’s site today as right wingers rushed to Haley’s defense.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The young girl in the front row, who turns to her friend and clearly mouths "slavery," is more qualified than Nikki to be president.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We'll color you something as a result of your comments on this topic, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted