1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowl thread: Days of Signs and Roses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Dec 5, 2023.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just so you don't miss it. Sunset in Pasadena tomorrow 4:54 PST.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Partly cloudy in the morning, clearing in the afternoon.

3. BTExpress

Might as well get a good look at it now. Probably won't see much of it tomorrow.

GCtZrVHXoAApwxo.jpeg

Chef2, TigerVols and Batman like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The most legendary punting duel in Vols history is Beatty Feathers combining with Alabama’s John Cain for 40 punts in 1932. Are you saying that record is in play?

5. BTExpress

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, typically the contract is fulfilled of showing the sunset in the early to mid-third quarter.

Been raining a lot out in SoCal, but looks like it will be a nice, sunny day in the Arroyo Seco.

7. dixiehack

Achievement unlocked: Both teams throw a screen pass for no gain on 3rd and 2. Such bold risk takers.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

More of a 405 guy myself but always enjoy a nice ride up and down the 605.

upload_2024-1-1_12-44-57.jpeg

MileHigh likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I blocked SI posts from showing up in my feed for that very reason.

The last straw was some whack apparently out of Penn State writing about the Orioles - by simply quoting a Kubatko story. At least the quotes were accurate, but I do not want some fanboi on “SI” dissecting a MASN story. I’ll just go to MASN directly.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’ve been watching college football long enough to know if I see the name “Nussmeier” either coaching or playing QB to take the other team.

dixiehack likes this.
  11. dixiehack

The Cheez-It on the bowl patch blends in seamlessly with Tennessee’s uniforms.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how mind blowing it is for me to watch Liberty in a freaking Fiesta Bowl, less than 20 years removed from a 1-10 FCS season in which they were shut out in three straight games and needed a fourth-quarter comeback to beat a DII team for the only win. I understand why people hate the school, not a fan myself, but it's still wild to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted