1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Mass. just passed legislation that encourages higher density development near rail stops. Cities and towns are bitching about it, naturally.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Although generally more congested than southwest Louisiana, we're managing so far.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

FTFY

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why are Republicans so scared? Don’t they and their spouses and kids have multiple guns?

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting to hear from the My Pillow guy.

garrow likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the Arkansas lawsuit regarding racial gerrymandering and it's a complete own goal by the state legislature.

I looked at the Black population of the state and, doing some quick calculator work adding up all counties three deep from the Mississippi River, there is no way to create a majority-Black district — even including Pulaski County — to keep all four congressional districts equal in population, because of the loss of population in the Delta. And yet, the state legislature persisted to continue to dilute that population, splitting Pulaski three ways.

The end result might be the courts creating a plurality-Black district in the state (owing to the growth in Hispanic population). In fairness, the state was split up similarly when Democrats were in charge.

There is a separate lawsuit challenging the U.S. congressional map that is on appeal to SCOTUS. Two other lawsuits involving state legislative boundaries have been dismissed.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

These maga loons are protected from hearing anything positive about Biden, about Bubba, and so on. They live in as hermetically sealed a box as any group in American history.

So don't worry about 'evidence' and the like.

Draft saved Draft deleted