1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Solvable. Except for the fact that Trumpists in the House of Representatives are on record as saying they don't want to give "Joe Biden and the Democrats" a win in an election year.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This Bill Graham weirdo running for NC governor has a TV commercial where he plans to be hard on...China and the border.

OK, pal.

garrow and franticscribe like this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Maybe all the Democratic mayors need to go to history class. What relevance Ellis Island has to this I have zero idea.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This is 100 percent correct. They also are desperate for anything to campaign on. So trumplicans are motivated to make it worse rather than do anything to fix it.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The Know-Nothing Party of the 1850's was a group of people opposed to immigration, especially Catholics. Very few of the members of this party were Native Americans. So most of the members of the party were saying slam the door behind me.

The Greg Abbott's, Donald Trump's and Ron DeSantis's of the world remind me of the the Know-Nothing party. Same general views though I don't think they are anti-Catholic. And as far as I know very few of their descendants are Native Americans. So these guys are saying slam the door behind me.

We accepted a lot of immigrants and the country turned out to be a pretty good place. The economy is in good shape. Employers are begging for employees. I don't think the current wave of immigrants will destroy the country or even seriously damage it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You first.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Reactionary Catholics are their useful idiots for marshaling their anti abortion lunatic fringe. But underneath it all, the hard core Jeebus freak MAGGATS are the same Shiite Babtists who make up the core of the Ku Klux Klan which has burned crosses on Catholic Church doorsteps for 160 years.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Star Man -

You're being asinine.
    He is so piss broke he's selling Rated Rookie(tm!!!) 'trading' cards of himself to his rubes for $99 a pop.
    Mnuchin is ugly as fuck, btw.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'd gladly support that, since I generally don't put more than 200 miles a month on my car.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What makes you think he wouldn't sell the trading cards to dupes even if he also looted hundreds of billions of dollars from the treasury?

Why wouldn't he?

He doesn't steal money because he needs it. He steals money because he can. That's what he does.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Mnunchin actually makes the slimy guy on "Billions" who was patterned after him look good.

Octave likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I saw that the other day. He bragged about going after "Chinese company Smithfield" ... which in fact, Smithfield was bought by China several years ago. The story he is talking about is when a bunch of Missouri lawyers came in and got people to sue hog farmers. He's also talking about requiring the farms to improve their poop lagoons to make sure they didn't spill over during flooding. (I'm honestly in agreement with that.)
    Anyway, long story short, those farmers aren't Smithfield. Smithfield - the Chinese company based out of Virginia - contracts with the farmers for their hogs.

UNCGrad and franticscribe like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted