1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Would this be a bad time to point out that the Texans still have the Browns' first-round draft pick in 2024? (Sorry. I couldn't resist. No apologies for Jimmy Haslem. For him, I hope that thought pours a bucket of lemon juice on his wounds.)

poindexter and CD Boogie like this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

If you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it? Or just let it slip?

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bro making things up.

Hermes likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Lol

6. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

To paraphrase Derek Smalls, can I ask a practical question at this point: Do we know that the Steelers can actually get to Buffalo by tomorrow afternoon?

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

How much more white could Buffalo be? And the answer is none. None more white.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

And fourth. And what should be chapping Haslam the most is they went 11-6 and made the playoffs and didn’t need Watson to do it. But rest easy, Browns fans, after Watson leads you to a 3-14 season, you’ll be back to having mock drafts mean everything. And thus will begin three years of rebuilding for the post-Watson era. Unfortunately, Haslam still will own the Browns, who will continue to be awful for years and years and years. But he’ll have built a dynasty — in Houston.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it, though . . . Buffalo and Pittsburgh aren't big NFL towns.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Forgot? Bills Mafia would have torn it down

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is my question, too. Supposedly, the plan was to travel today. How the hell are they doing that when the primary reason for postponing the game was that it would be unsafe for anyone to travel in Buffalo today? Everyone knew this was coming for days? Why didn't the league make sure the Steelers had travel arrangements that got them there before the storm hit?

Just as they did during COVID, the league has been too slow to react to the situation. Now there is a good chance the game is postponed to Tuesday and the winner ends up playing on a short week. At least in the Steelers' case, you would be screwing over the No. 7 seed, which makes some sense, though two road games five days apart is far from an ideal situation. The Bills are the No. 2 seed. They shouldn't have to deal with only five days between games, though they would be at home.

Here is one update. How dare they bring up 2020 and suggest the schedule issues affected the Steelers!?

Draft saved Draft deleted