1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why didn’t the Steelers shuffle off to Buffalo Saturday morning? Dum-dums.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Add to the list the San Jose Sharks, who played in Ottawa yesterday are still there. NHL already shifted Monday's game in Buffalo to a noon start.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s worse than that. Watson will win them six or seven games every year, putting them in draft purgatory three years from now.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I don’t think he will. I think what you saw of him this year is the best you’re going to see of him. And what his salary is going to do to the rest of the team going forward is going to make them incapable of competing with nearly everyone.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Entirely possible. I fear he plays at a league average level, Garrett and Ward and JOK make them competitive, but in that division never bottom out. I think they’d be a playoff contender next season in another division, but with Burrow returning, the Steelers likely finding a quarterback at some point and the Ravens being the Ravens, no chance.

I’ll get my Sundays back, though.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No, I think the taxpayers are fine they didn't have to pony up another $400-500 million for a roof. The Bills have been in the AFL/NFL since 1960, and in that time maybe two games have been postponed/rescheduled by the weather.

Weather happens. Baseball games get rained out all the time but nobody is saying they should put a roof on Wrigley Field or Fenway Park.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Now Philly, that’s a great NFL town

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Detroit had a dome so I guess it's possible, but a dome that could stand up to the kind of snow Buffalo gets seems questionable anyhow.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The PFF grade for the game just said “Shit Sandwich.”

12. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

A dome would do nothing about the travel issues which are the biggest reason they are not playing today.

Purportedly the Steelers are flying out at 3:00 PM today; at least some planes have landed at the Buffalo airport today. I wonder if they can get the equipment on the plane or have to send it by truck.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted