1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Unserious. Go back to Covenant Eyes, skippy.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

To be non-flippant about this - Isn't the answer about how to "solve" this to simply have a couple primaries each Tuesday leading up to the conventions? Bunch states into groups of 3 or 5, with contrasts between each state. Rotate each group every presidential election. It's the obvious solution that probably won't ever get implemented.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

"Winning one city" you mean "winning where people are living?"

I mean call me crazy, but winning a majority of votes in Las Vegas and Reno means more than winning a majority of votes in the rest of the state ... You know ... because that's where people live ....

But thanks for pointing out the problem with us giving a shit about what Iowa thinks.

SFIND, Gutter, OscarMadison and 3 others like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Caucuses are suboptimal forms of elections. The Democrats bumped Iowa and New Hampshire from the top spots of their primary calendar because the states are both overwhelmingly white and older than the US average, so they are unrepresentative of that party's coalition. Nothing against either place, but until black, Hispanic and younger voters, especially women, check in, the Democrats really have no idea whom their base supports as the nominee.

SFIND and Driftwood like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Vegas + Reno = 920,000
    Rest of Nevada = 2,200,000

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He won a preseason game in Japan and thinks he's going all the way. Such a precious little turd.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

OK, let me clarify what I meant. Las Vegas and Reno and their immediate surrounding areas. The Vegas MSA is 2.2 million.

SFIND likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

You have to take into account that half the people don't want a representative democracy. If they didn't they'd all move past the EC.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I backed a man in Reno just to watch him lie.

11. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Doesn’t she know that we are apparently racist against white people? Or so I’ve heard

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

919,999 in Vegas and Reno.

Angie is still buried somewhere in the desert.

Draft saved Draft deleted