1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild-Card Weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of the videos last week showed that they were shoveling the snow into a chute, which ran down the steps to the lower levels. Of course, being Buffalo, the video also showed one of the workers taking off his shirt, getting into the chute, and riding it down like a slide in order to push the snow along.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just lay a section of carpet/astroturf on each column of steps before the snow.

Pick it up last, a couple hours before the stadium opens

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    misterbc and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get the joke, but y'all were going there to dismiss the officials failing to do their jobs and address snowballs being thrown at players on the sidelines, and in at least one instance, while a Steeler was trying to catch the ball.

I watched the video multiple times. I'm sorry your biases will not allow you to see it.

4. outofplace

I'm not making anything up. He hesitated and leaned back as if he was about to slide, then powered forward. It wasn't as obvious was what Pickett did at Pitt, but it was there. As I said, I'm not even sure there is a rule against it in the NFL, but if you can't see it, I will just roll my eyes and move on.

5. outofplace

Kindly stuff your whining somewhere uncomfortable. I'm not blaming the refs for a loss. I have consistently argued that they are not to blame for the Steelers losing. The blame goes to the Steelers and the credit to the Bills. I am pointing out that in some instances, the officials did a poor job Sunday. Discussing what we see in games is part of the point of a message board. We have pages of discussion of snow removal and you can't handle me making a few posts about something that actually happened in the game. That's your failure.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You're the worst

QYFW likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have no biases regarding the Bills or the Steelers. I watched the play and the actions which you describe simply is are not there. And I’ve been pretty consistent that I think that a fake slide is the definition of unsportsmanlike and you criticized me for saying that when Pickett did it in college because you said it wasn’t explicitly against the rules.

And I was not dismissing anything regarding fans throwing snowballs at players. At this point, I just want to see if you can keep your obsession of responding to every post through the Suler Bowl.

8. outofplace

Right back at you and your weird little obsession.

9. outofplace

What is the Suler Bowl?

Your bias may not have anything to do with the teams, but now you have a stake in this because it is clear that you very badly want to be right. You couldn't just agree to disagree. You had to drag this out, so let's play.

You just resorted to one of the more childish tactics used in these debates. You just want to see if you can get more responses. So much for not having any biases. Well, I double-dog dare you to respond again! :rolleyes:

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That could be the funniest thing ever written on this site.

Liut, Slacker, QYFW and 2 others like this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I would have never thought Josh Allen's move was a fake slide unless someone said, look, that's a fake slide.

And I still don't.

Webster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted