1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not a hot take, but in my opinion Roe is going to be the main driver if the Dems win in November. Senate math is difficult, but Oval Office and House should be ripe to retain/take. Unforeseen circumstances of course could pop up.

But yeah, stripping women of their rights continues to be highly unpopular in our country. Dems need as many abortion ballot initiatives as possible in November, particularly in the six or so states that actually matter.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Four more years worth of budget cuts - why wouldn’t the journalism be worse?

Deskgrunt50 and garrow like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i'm worried about the economy and immigration both are so much darker

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Vomit emoji

[​IMG]

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Dems need to pound home the Women's Rights issues constantly in the final two or three months before the election.

Let those issues stew at medium heat over the summer, then go hard in the stretch run. Don't wanna burn out on it early.

Voters, unfortunately, have short attention spans, so pacing is important. But keep reminding women that this election is theirs to control.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

STFU Donnie

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Sounds like perhaps the numbers they're seeing aren't great.

Not that it matters. Haley and Sununu call trump mentally unfit... then they'll endorse him as soon as it's wrapped up (which could be tonight). Such courage.

wicked and UNCGrad like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

So you think Steve Kornacki finds himself pointing to a town of 700 people in New Hampshire, breaking down the primary voting there in a pair of $17 khakis and wonders, “What am I doing with my life?”

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

He may wonder, "Wow, it's crazy how popular I've become and how many wild opportunities NBC keeps giving me on other platforms (sports). My agent has great leverage, every other outlet has copied this schtick, and at least for the entire next year, I'll ride this as long as I can, if not forever. How fortunate am I?"

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for months and probably will continue. Rights have and will go backward for many in this country with Trump back in office. Will there be enough people who vote to see that doesn't happen or do they want him as their retribution?

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Look I just want the Orange Scourge placed in the history books with Joe McCarthy, anti-Americans who came and went, leaving the country worse off.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted