1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Perfect, spot-on description of the deplorables.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

TowelWaver, maumann and garrow like this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

She needs to win South Carolina, if only for the entertainment value.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm honestly surprised South Carolina doesn't cancel its GOP primary like it did in 2020 when a former governor was running against Trump because it didn't want to run the risk of Trump looking bad.

7. Driftwood

We all know our electoral system for electing a president is stupid, and we all know that Trump was always going to be the GOP nominee, buuuuuuut...
    All these stories about how Trump has it locked up, it's assured, his great victories, blah, blah, blah... give me a break. He got, what, 7K votes in Iowa and won New Hampshire. Big freaking deal. Two small states with a few token electoral votes, and it's a slam dunk? The rest of the country has to go along with whatever some hicks want? Wouldn't that be like crowning the Ravens Super Bowl champs after beating the Panthers in week two of the season?
    In a 12-car heat, yeah, if you've finished at the back of the field consistently, you're not transferring to the feature. It's down to two, and the leader could easily blow a gasket at any time.
    JFC this is a stupid setup we have in this country.
    Stefanik said Haley needs to drop out "for the good of the republic." Yeah, FU bitch.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"I won New Hampshire and I wasn't even on the ballot, ok? Very big, very impressive. Nobody does that. Nobody. Now look at the other guy.....that lumbering Mafia goon. Barely won. Don't his rabid followers think he's the incumbent? Barely cleared 50. Sad! Maybe if he focused less on mob snitches who like him and more on, I dunno, helping the country, he'd do better. That's what a LOT of people are saying. That and the syphilis."
    ---Joe Biden last night

9. Driftwood

From the AP story:

He won in the small towns and rural communities, where about 6 in 10 primary participants say they live. Most GOP voters in the state lack a college degree; about two-thirds of them voted for Trump.

Haley, a former South Carolina governor and a U.N. ambassador under Trump, bested him among college graduates and moderates, a possible sign that Trump has yet to expand his political base.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I'm counting on Trump's increasingly deranged rants and remarks to blow himself up and scare off a lot of rationale voters by the time we get to November. The more he mouths off, the more he sounds like an unstable madman, and Fucko keeps throwing gasoline on the fire every week while looking for new crosses to burn.

If the more rational conservatives and independents don't jump that ship ... well, it's just insane that Hitler has risen from the dead in America.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm counting on him going tits up by November.

Also, I'm pretty much checking out on politics as much as I can from now on. Not good for my mental health.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Based on his standard posture, he’s more likely to land moobs down.

Same. I know who I’m voting for in the presidential election. Barring a huge health crisis, nothing’s going to change that.

Draft saved Draft deleted