1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Months.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Ask Trump, he thinks he invented the term supply chain.

Bret Stephens is back, y'all! You know you missed his searing logic.

Seeing all them back together is like that half-assed all-star team Dan Snyder put together- which then went 7-9.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The conservojerks at the NYT would have a more salient point if Ol' Joe WASN'T RUNNING AGAINST A PSYCHOTIC LAMEBRAIN NAMED DONALD J. TRUMP

Fred siegle and tapintoamerica like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I liked the 2020 edition.

That was the one they cancelled.

Octave likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It says a lot that the next 10 months will be consumed by checking the declining mental and/or physical health of the two major candidates to lead our country for the next four years.

It’s like the Season 1 episode of The Crown where both Churchill and his No. 2 in command, Anthony Eden, have debilitating ailments and the U.S. administrators note how it’s an appropriate metaphor for an aging and declining empire.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Someone told me the White House was attacked in May of 2020.

That never happened.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No one told you that. And even if someone did, no one here could possibly give less of a fuck.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Our (Democrats’) favorite pastime is stepping on our dicks, repeatedly.

Sometimes, sometimes, more than Republicans.

Latest dumb nonsense I’ve run across is that stupid Joan Rivers video where she says Michelle Obama is a tranny. Allegedly that got her murdered. As if the Obamas gave one shit about an octogenarian’s lame attempt at humor.

Tarheel316 and Smallpotatoes like this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Bret Stephens is why some liberals/progressives are dicks.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

One of the things I took away during Trump's presidency is that outside of a crisis time maybe, like if the U.S. was being attacked, the importance of the presidency in terms of the country actually chugging along is not that big. I would have known that anyhow, but I just thought Trump's presidency demonstrated it. Trump was uncurious, had no clue about anything, was focused on complete bullshit every day, and to the extent his administration did things, many of them worked to the detriment of Americans in the long term, like putting tariffs on things or pushing something that brings in less tax revenue while running up more debt.

Even if someone launched an attack on the U.S., I wonder if the president could still be largely superfluous if he is useless, and the apparatus around him would just deal with it using a straightforward plan that already exists for the contingency.

This is how I feel about Joe Biden. Sure, all things equal, I'd rather a younger person who isn't close to the point of drooling all over himself. It's embarrassing that this is the best America does. But I also think in the grand scheme of things, we are going to get the same shit from our governance if they are napping and peeing themselves all through their presidency, and life will still go on for all of us.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted