1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, another Sir Story.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

He was a fukin maniac tonight.
    Bad standup comedy.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

And that's part of the problem. I've actually heard multiple people 30 and under say "I like him because he's funny."
    POTUS isn't supposed to be funny, you morons. He's supposed run the free world.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At some point, dude, move on from this shtick.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Just watched the Biden presser from Thursday night.

I don’t think his memory is awful but he is 81 years old.

I’ve seen this with news anchors who have to talk for hours. Somewhere after 60, the words don’t come out as easily. There’s a reason why 60-year-old anchors never get hired in another market. They can retire in their high 60s in a market they’ve worked in forever and be about 70% as smooth as they were in their prime.

franticscribe and maumann like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Don't forget Biden has battled a bad stutter his whole life long. That contributes mightily to his speech pattern. As I've said, as a Delawarean by birth, I've been exposed to Biden since he was the youngest Senate candidate. He was no William Jennings Bryan even then.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’ve had the opportunity to talk to him three times, in person. But not in a decade. Always enjoyed our chats before the light went on. I admire how he has handled grief and loss.

BrownScribe likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Biden should jump on the Hailey stuff and say Trump spits on the sacrifices of our soldiers and their families.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The shit talking is the appeal. The target is irrelevant as long as you are mean. Being consistent or even coherent is secondary at best.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm starting to have trouble accessing the specific word I want in normal conversation, and I just turned 65. I can still recite my middle school class schedule from 1972 but can't imagine trying to ad-lib a broadcast any more without struggling. The brain still contains all the files but somehow doesn't remember which drawer I've placed certain things in. (Sort of like going into a room and not remembering what you went in there for.)

Driftwood likes this.
  11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Did everyone just suddenly realize Biden is 81?

All I know is that you won't find someone more desperate than me for both Boomers and the (not so) Silent Generation to have their hands off the reins of power. If Gavin Newsome had challenged him in the primary, I would've voted for him. But he didn't and Biden, despite his age, has been a steady hand.

So I'll use all three of my votes on Biden in November because, well, a senile octogenarian president is less of a threat to the country than a senile, fascist octogenarian president.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So would most people. And if we lived in a democracy, instead of a protocolocracy, you would have had that chance.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted