1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on your perspective.

What is now evidence in a court proceeding is that Nathan Wade was paying for both his and Fani Willis' travel expenses on trips to Belize, California and Florida using his business credit card and he claims she paid him back for her half of expenses using cash, with no correlating deposits anywhere. And he claims he spent the cash, but doesn't have recipts showing the expenditures.

It looks bad, and I think Wade has opened himself up for scrutiny of his financial practices.

If they get removed, it doesn't mean the case goes away but it slows it down significantly.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know Brigitte Gabriel is an assmunch, but this is beyond the pale.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The freedom of TOTAL PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Willis and Wade were bumping uglies in the back room has nothing to do with Big Daddy Fatfuck

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

400 million still waiting to be put to good use, many owned by those very people

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Matt Gaetz pays for a date > Fani Willis pays for a date

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Agreed. But there's enough smoke around the financial aspect of their relationship to call into question their integrity.

Look, I have said repeatedly that I thought the Georgia case was the strongest of the four criminal cases against Trump because of the recorded phone call and the way they're using RICO to secure testimony against him from his own advisors. It really pisses me off that this is happening, but they were damn fools to get into a relationship and their explanation of the cash reimbursements is plausible, but convenient and suspect.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The whole shebang further proves the American system of justice is a shitshow of epic proportions from top to bottom and our society has zero interest in reforming it.
    So in my mind, the more judicial chaos the better.

franticscribe likes this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

This shitshow is why you don't date your co-workers/colleagues. What a fukin mess.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's pretty much the same mindset -- "Let's blow it all up." -- that got us four years of Donald Trump.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Did they learn nothing from Clark and Darden?

Driftwood and wicked like this.
  12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

If those two weren't banging, Donald Trump would not have committed all those crimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted