1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's the same five states as the last two elections and whatever 80,000 votes go one way or another.

How many voters last time were killed by COVID? Died anyway / moved to Florida since then?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There are more 65+ voters today than in 2020. A bigger percentage of them, too. And there will be even more in 2028.

This "GOP voters are dying off!" fantasy might start to manifest itself by 2036, when the youngest Boomers are 72.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did my part in Vermont.

[​IMG]

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The fallacy of aging equating automatic conservatism has been debunked.

It’s the laziest of takes that no one ever calls out.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. Next, they'll Photoshop Biden into a photo with some disgusting racist like Trump.

garrow likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I went down the street to the polling station and turnout was very light. I cast ballot #1 even after they had been open more than an hour. For a number of increasingly invalid (bordering on silly) reasons, I’m registered with the GOP. I was a little surprised that Asa Hutchinson, Vivek Ramaswamy, Ron DeSantis, Ryan Binkley, David Stuckenberg and Chris Christie are still on the ballot. I remembered that, once qualified for the primary ballot, they’re on there for good. I’ll be interested in how many votes they’ll get. The primary is the only thing on the ballot. It seems odd to me that someone would take time to vote for someone who is out of the race. Perhaps they’ll be protest votes. I darkened Nikki Haley’s circle as my own futile protest, though I’ll vote for Biden in November. Likely another futile protest* unless some divine deity strikes down the orange demon, in which case I’ll become a devoted disciple of whichever omnipotent source of good that might be.

*Edited to add that my Biden vote will likely be futile because my state is blood red and a winner-take-all state, so all seven electors will likely go to Trump.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Four years ago, the pandemic had started a month and a half earlier in the U.S. but people were still thinking we'd somehow avoid it. We were still five days short of the Ivy League calling off its basketball tournament, six days short of the NBA pulling the plug after Rudy Gobert tested positive, and a full week short of the NCAA tournament shutting down.

wicked likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Same day the NBA shut things down, it was announced Tom Hanks had contracted Covid in Australia.

Draft saved Draft deleted