1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yet.

wicked likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Her fuckery will be in the form of campaigning for Lake.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

She hasn't made any effort to get on the ballot and would have to collect a shitload of signatures by April 1.

She's not running. (And not for nothing, polls show her pulling at least as many Republicans as Democrats if she did run. She would lose and likely not affect the outcome much.)

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Cited many of the reasons listed in Gee's post.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh noes. How will the republic carry on without Senator Hot Topic?

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. PCLoadLetter

Which sounds nicer than "I completely cashed in during my one term and all of the people who voted for me before now hate my guts."

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She had it all, peak of politics basically, living the highest life, but that wasn't good enough.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

She had as much chance of winning in November as Steve Garvey does next door.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Almost like voters take it personally when their senator responds to criticism by wearing a literal “Fuck You” ring.

11. PCLoadLetter

Yes.

And when you campaign on raising the minimum wage, voters don't really like it when you vote against it while curtsying and giving a smirking thumbs down.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

An odd political career to be sure, likely could have spent the next 20 years as a Senator if she wanted, and really chose a bad path by alienating her base AND putting your career at risk for no discernible purpose. None. Was there some pet issue she died on the proverbial hill for? No. I get the impression that she got caught up in being a "rising star" in political circles but her paycheck didn't keep up with her ego. She can go back to academia or whatever - another cautionary tale.
    She's not the first "rising political star" to get over their skis too far too fast and get taken out by party elders. The GOP is notorious for "eating their young." when the young try to jump the line and don't have the votes. Steve Largent, Susan Molinari, Bill Paxon. Dem Kirsten Gillibrand's clout hasn't been the same in Dem circles since she backed Al Franken getting dumped as Minnesota's Senator under MeToo allegations.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted