1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Haley's got to be thinking something is finally going to bring down Trump, or so disable him politically, physically or mentally that she needs to be standing by in the wings.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Originalists: how would the framers react to a presidential candidate who a jury found liable for sexual assault and defamation, who is under the thumb of a foreign dictator, directed a violent mob to attack the legislative branch in attempt to overturn an election he lost, whose financial difficulties make him a national security threat, who won't abide by the constitution, who enriched himself and his family at public expense, who.....

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Except in her warped party, she's edging dangerously close to Romney/McCain/Cheney pariah status for daring to challenge the cult leader. A brokered convention likely would pick DeSantis, IMO.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I feel genuinely bad for Romney and Cheney. They didn't kiss Trump's ring, showed a moral backbone and stayed true to themselves and it cost them to varying degrees.

Nikki Haley tried to have it both ways in pursuing her ambitions. Putting aside that she really stands for nothing. ... she tried to ride Trump's coattails and she kissed his ass thinking it would serve her ambitions. ... and then when she wanted to get to the next thing on her list, she tried to pretend like she hadn't kissed Trump's ass and that she is more moral than he is.

The people I can't stand more than I even can't stand Trump (because I don't expect more from him) are the ones who have kissed his ass thinking it would get them something, only to then come in conflict with him (which is inevitable) and then act like they are moral people, talking about what a terrible person Donald Trump is. I'n addition to Haley, Im thinking of people like John Kelly, Mick Mulvaney, Chris Christie. They stand for nothing except what is expedient in the moment. At least Trump stands for being an uncurious, shitty-person narcissist.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

John McCain gets sick and dies.
    Chuck Grassley lives on in the Senate.
    Yeah, that's cosmic justice.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Edit: I missed this race was also going to November. It is very interesting, Garvey is doing about 100,000 votes better on the partial term and Schiff is doing about the same margin worse.

Margin is close but turnout was low so it will be interesting to follow late returns. Ballots have 7 days to arrive.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fire Merrick Garland by lunchtime and appoint Katie Porter Attorney General, with orders to:

1) Release the full unredacted Mueller Report

2) File 50 more felony indictments against Fatfuck by sundown, 500 more within 30 days. Including capital treason.

3) Order Garland indicted as an ex post facto co conspirator of Fatfuck and associated MAGGATS on 50 appropriate cases.

4) Indict Ginni Thomas as a 1/6 co conspirator

5) Initiate an immediate investigation into the process of Rupert Murdoch's illegitimate citizenship (gained by bribery and extortion during the Reagan Administration) . Aggressively pursue prosecution and deportation, assessment of taxes and asset seizure.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

On brand

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was listening to NPR's coverage of Super Tuesday - and the panel or journos seemed "amused" about Trump more than anything, blithely describing his rallies and supporters. I imagined if it was some other "strongman" type who had no problem imprisoning journos or the opposition. Its nuts.

garrow likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Thus guaranteeing he'll get 100 million votes, and the indictments go into the paper shredder on Jan. 21.

Speaking of which . . . everybody talks about the need to have some kind of conviction before election day.

What happens if you, get, say, 10 felony convictions on Dec. 2? He's still not the president.

Draft saved Draft deleted