1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I swear being boring works against Biden because people spent the previous four years constantly having to watch the news to see what this fucking asshole was doing now, usually on a Friday night. The fact that Biden isn’t firing his attorney general at 7 pm on a Friday or screaming on twitter 24/7 makes people believe he isn’t doing anything, while the other guy did nothing but scream on twitter when he wasn’t flushing the toilet 17 times.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Since I said I'd answer: civil liberties, infrastructure, public education, affordable housing, affordable health care. The environment would be a close 6th for me.

Alma likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

It's theater.

Unconstitutional theater.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dunno how many of you have been on the NYC subway lately, but most of the big stations have like 10-15 cops hanging around, looking at their phones with nothing to do.

5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

This guy came within 3 points of winning a congressional seat in 2020.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Let's gooooooo

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Already had a third.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by this. I haven't had time to read much on it. My first thought was that it's performative. My second thought relates to money... a way to try to limit the massive OT that's being spent on extra subway patrols?

I do always get a laugh when armchair quarterbacks who've never been on the subway chime in as experts.

Azrael likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I knew a Filipina as a kid (a neighbor kid's mom) who claimed to have dated Steve Garvey.

I heard him in a podcast a few years ago and he believes he's a Hall of Famer. You could tell it irritates the hell out of him that he's not.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Republican Women of Pitt County, like most Trumpist women, have no self-respect.

Draft saved Draft deleted