1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

her message was we’re already there. And the only one at fault is Joe Biden

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

america's mom did not take her bupropion

OscarMadison, matt_garth and Hermes like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

They would be true except they had Buffalo Wild Wings the other night and the Grand Wizard keeps drinking the bleach.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You’re going to have to be more specific. The state’s full of ‘em.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I did not watch either speech tonight. But if you want some idea of the rubber room I call home, Katie Britt is regarded as a chamber of commerce RINO by a good number of people here.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I missed the rebuttal. My cringe curiosity will make me find some clips.

Good night for Biden, though as I said a few days ago I don’t think the SOTU has a major impact with anyone but the diehards. Unless there’s a major fuck up.

Biden was energetic (clearly major goal) and had some spontaneous funny moments. And he set a clear contrast between the Dems and the trumplicans. Checked all the boxes in what was really the kickoff to his campaign.

I think the major accomplishment is (hopefully) calming the nerves of the anxiety-ridden bedwetters in the party. It was a good pep talk.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  8. DanOregon

Figure you have to chalk this up as a good night for Biden. He came off as vigorous, even too partisan and people aren't talking about his verbal stumbles, they're talking about Crazy Bama Mom and George Santos coming back to the Capitol and saying he's running again.

And Trump's "live tweeting response" kept crashing on his social media platform. Oops.

Trump offers lukewarm, glitchy response to Biden criticism

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I broke down and looked up a Katie Britt clip. Chewing on the scenery like a bone from Dreamland.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought this was a bad week for Biden?

garrow likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Whiter than Elmers glue.

12. DanOregon

It wasn't good before tonight.

Saw a note that Biden was still making his way through the room, being received and congratulated by Dems well after Johnson gaveled the thing to a close and dimmed the lights - it sounds so Biden. Probably didn't hurt pushing the GOP response outside of primetime on the east coast.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted