1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

And so here we are .... Donald Trump doesn't read, and doesn't listen to people who do know things. And the policy decisions he can make as Commander and Chief - where the rest of government has less over sight - should terrify you.

I think we all agree that nuclear non-proliferation is important. The reason we've been mostly successful at it over the last 60 years is because we've been able to tell countries, "look - you don't need nukes; NATO (And the United States) will protect you." An unrestrained President can dismantle all of that.

What is our critical National interest in Ukraine? It comes down to nuclear non-proliferation.

When the Soviet Union collapsed there were thousands of nuclear weapons in Ukraine, and they had a notion to keep them. We convinced Ukraine to give up those nukes by the US and Russia agreeing to guarantee Ukrainian sovereignty. When President Trump washes his hands of Ukraine, you're telling every small country in the world, "Get your own nukes, because the US is not a reliable partner and you can only count on yourself for your defense."

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Would you hire anyone who got fired from their last job (to which they are reapplying), stole from their employer and used violence to stave off his termination? Should America?

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Some of the recent posts on this thread. Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Cosmo likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

On an impending Trump presidency, I can only offer what Tom Grunick said to Jane Craig in Broadcast News:

"Sorry. I can't stand here feeling bad that I don't feel worse."

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I go away for a couple of hours only to come back and find a pack of middle-aged or older white guys assuring me nothing Trump will do as President will leave a scar.

SMH.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's what you get for taking time to visit the Vol Deplorables board. ;)

2muchcoffeeman and TigerVols like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Pardoning a pile of people who stormed the capital to try to change the results of an election should be fine. I think it's good if we incentivize that sort of behavior.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Tiger Vols-

The odiferous one is massively underperforming in primaries even while running unopposed. I really don't understand where the cynicism comes from. Do people follow the news or just sling hot takes on it without?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or the third act of the 4/15/1865 performance of Our American Cousin.

Draft saved Draft deleted