1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That’s also an excellent question.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This might be his best coaching job yet. In mid-January, they weren't an NCAA tournament team, but he's found his seven-man rotation and everyone has bought in to their roles.

When they play defense like they did today (granted, against a short-handed Kansas team) they can compete with anyone. Look out, Boilermakers.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A year in prison for drug possession without intent to sell and/or distribute? This is Putin at work. Excessive and intentionally so.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think it was more of Mulkey not even saying something along the lines of -- we hope she's safe and can come home soon -- and just basically ignoring the fact that she was in the situation in the first place. No one was expectin her to run a covert operation to get her back.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Don’t get me wrong.
    I don’t give 2 squirts of shit if she did 5 minutes or 5 years.
    She broke the law.
    What happens after that…..not my pig, not my farm.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

(Squeaky Gavel)

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is obscene.
    When you send in your post season application/resume, you put on there what/if any teams you’ve had conflicts with……hometown teams…..anything like that…….as an official……even way before the games…..you are in cover your ass mode.
    That’s insanity.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think she should be sent to Siberia for breaking the rules.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Rules are rules. If they want to shoot her in the head, not my pig, not my farm.

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

In the 1998 WNIT finals, Penn State beat Baylor, 59-56. The game was played at the Ferrell Center, which was Baylor's home court at the time. One of the officials in that game was Scott Yarbrough, whose day job was director of the Ferrell Center. To get to the game, he had to walk downstairs from his office to the court.

Source for this information: me. I was on the stat crew for Baylor women's basketball, and I could not believe that he was calling that game.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Every time I see the side panel on these Sparty uniforms I get a craving for Greek pizza.

franticscribe and Hermes like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted