1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Josh Brolin was gamely enthusiastic, but Gosling has the chops to go along with the eagerness.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

He even makes Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sanz shake their heads.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Is Caitlin Clark going to be Che's Sarah Sherman?

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Holy shit this has been tremendous.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. nietsroob17

That Beavis & Butthead sketch was so incredibly random, it was sensational.

Amazing that Kenan was the one who kept a straight face, and he's usually one of the easiest to break or chuckle. Heidi was absolutely gone as soon as she looked over to Mikey/Butthead, which makes me wonder if she hadn't seen the makeup/costume in rehearsals.

This might've been my episode of the year. Was it a master class in acting? HELL no, but it was just an overall blast to watch. Even the musical act was one of the best they've had all year.

Opening with the alien abduction sketch was chef's kiss. I'm glad they didn't beat around the bush in bringing that one back. The Caitlin Clark Revenge Tour was great, too.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  7. nietsroob17

Even with the Kyle Mooney cameo. They actually promoted the release of this clip on the show via social media right before the goodbyes. That's got to be a first.

I wonder if it got bumped for time by all the breaks and extended laughs.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

From the alien abduction sketch: "I've killed more chubbies than diabetes." LOLOLOLOLOLOL

TigerVols, sgreenwell and Killick like this.
  9. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

I’m a Type-1 diabetic, so I’m definitely far from objective, but I think it’s kind of amazing that, even in the overly-PC era we live in, nobody in the world has any issue about (frequently) making jokes about diabetics. I’m honestly not offended, I’m just surprised by that. Society has determined that it’s not okay to make fun of people’s body weight, for example, but I’ve heard several diabetes jokes even among coworkers at the office. Just kinda interesting to me. …

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This was a pretty great reaction by Heidi Gardner. She obviously had not seen Gosling or Mikey Day in dress rehearsal.

FileNotFound and sgreenwell like this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

PaperClip529, jr/shotglass and garrow like this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Never knew Emily Blunt had that voice

Draft saved Draft deleted