1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Where do you see the percentage who didn’t get it? Is it in the bot?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep, at the end when you go through the analysis. Today is the lowest percentage I've ever seen, by far.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Got it in my last guess. At that point I was just praying

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Didn’t get it. Needed the first letter with two guesses and missed.

5. Spartan Squad

Today’s purple line in connections, I’ve heard of three out of four used in the context of the category. The fourth I’m going WTF, who says that? I only got it because the other three groups were straight forward today.

6. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Interesting. The purple category was my first defense today. In wordle however, I’ve sucked the last 4 or 5 plays and totally failed today.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really? Not a humblebrag, but I got it in two and figured with the consonants and vowels it would be one of the lower fail scores.

I'm waiting for Canada Day on July 1 - when NYT Connections uses only Canadian expressions and words. I do enjoy having to shift gears in my brain going from Wordle to Connections - shuffling the words sometimes helps see words "differently" - I was worried that one of the categories was going to be "last part of an online app"

tea and ease likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wordle into Spelling Bee into Connections into Strands into Letterboxed. Good morning brain wakeup.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Wordle to The Mini to Connections then the rest of the day (off and on, of course) on Spelling Bee. My current goal is to get to genius with no hints. I figure I’m above the Mendoza line in my success. Then again, spelling is my secret shame, so it’s good for me

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Wordle
    Connections

WaPo
    Keyword
    On the Record
    Mini

WhenTaken

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wordle
    Immaculate Grid for MLB
    Immaculate Grid for NFL

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Another difficult one today. Had a 1-in-6 chance to get it on the last try and somehow did. 30 percent of Wordlers busted today.

Draft saved Draft deleted