1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bron -- 39 years old, plus 7 years times 39 for the DOG that's in there. So LeBron is 312 years old.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Holy cow that Knicks finish. Felt like Reggie Miller but good for the Knicks.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

VERY glad I decided today at like 2, you know what, I’ve never been to a Knicks playoff game in 20 years here, city loves this team so energy will be great, can take 2-0 lead so will be intense as hell, I should get a ticket. Stands were shaking. And kudos to the classic New York guy next to me on the aisle who was mad at folks leaving early and blocked them from coming back down when Knicks took the lead.

Haven’t watched replays yet. I assume Knicks had to foul or be close to fouling on the last steal. Was quite the scrum.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Two flat-out amazing games tonight. That was fun.

DanielSimpsonDay and qtlaw like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Say goodnight Lakers

7. Small Town Guy

Not a Knicks fan but getting to experience that game in-person.

Wandering midtown, stopping in at a diner, soaking in a great NYC night.

Getting home in time for the fourth quarter to see my Lakers. Hey, they're up! This could be the one.

Now sitting in my recliner, my cats staring at me after I whipped a pillow across the apartment.

What a night of hoops but damn it.

franticscribe and TigerVols like this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That’s an awesome NYC day/night right up until …

What a late game though. LeBron coming up huge but no help (AD zero in 4th). If LAL can’t win when Russell goes 7-11 from 3 then not going to happen. Love Joker’s post moves.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  9. Small Town Guy

Denver's play in the clutch is absolutely phenomenal. Thanks almost entirely of course to Jokic. Just makes the right play every single damn time, whether scoring, passing or just directing the entire show. Well...he did throw up that ludicrous 3 to try and draw a foul with 1:15 to go that somehow ends up in Gordon's hands who gets it to Porter for a 3, but those things happen to great teams too. But I think in the last five minutes against the Lakers over the past 2 years, they must score on like 98 percent of their possessions.

I STILL think Lakers can do something in this series. Agh! I'm so naive. But yeah, you get those first 3 quarters from AD, LeBron in the fourth, Russell hitting, Murray being absolutely awful for three quarters and you still can't finish...not good.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Lakers are never dead until you kill them with fire. Like on Mother's Day in 2011.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Lakers piss away a 20-point lead and they’re all crying about the officiating.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PCLoadLetter and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted