1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 NBA playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 20, 2024.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If you don’t mind my asking, just out of curiosity, how much was the ticket and how high up were you sitting?

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be a jerk but I wondered this, too. With my daughter in NYC, I've been dying to go to MSG for a game with a fun, loved Knicks team, and can't even imagine the playoffs. Those crowds always look amazing.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He finished with 10 rebounds but could’ve had 30 with the amount of times he either fumbled it or had it taken from him.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Always a great day when the Lakers lose.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The complaining about the officials when blowing a 20-point lead is so the Lakers or Lebron or whatever, right? Was there anything that crazy bad?

Crap, the Nuggets challenged two calls, before the fourth quarter, that got overturned. A third sandwiched between those two likely would have been. So to say the Lakers didn't get a favorable whistle in their own right is absurd. I actually was surprised Malone challenged the second, even though it was a crap call, just because of the timing. Obviously worked.

In addition to blowing the lead, James had a wide-open 3 to likely win, no one in the area code (and maybe he pushed off big time, maybe it was an embellishment), and missed.

Also, the first time during this winning streak over the Lakers that the Nuggets had more free throws. Don't blow a 20-point lead and whine.

Tarheel316 and qtlaw like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

TNT added a third voice to try to help drown out Reggie Miller. It's a start.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

$418 total. Think it was listed at 320 and then taxes and fees brought it to that. Was good seat in lower level behind the basket. Saw tix going for a lot more that were in the upper level so it felt like a decent deal even though it's of course absurd. But like I mentioned kind of treated it as a special occasion and it turned out being worth it. But honestly I'd see people there with like three of their kids and wonder how the hell folks do it.

But crowd was awesome. The Fuck Embiid chants were almost endearing and Embiid himself seemed to enjoy them. There were three Philly fans not far in front of me who were wildly cheering as well and aside from one guy telling them to "sit the fuck down" their banter with the Knicks fans was pretty good-natured. Never felt like it might at a football game where you wonder if someone's going to get punched out or knifed for cheering for the other team.

And being this classic Thibs team that battles its ass off even with its limitations I think does add to the energy in the crowd.

knicks.jpg

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The 76ers complaining about not getting a TO before the go ahead 3 is kind of silly. Nurse didn’t call the TO immediately after the Brunson 3 (presumably because he wanted to save it) he then sort of half-heartedly made the signal right before the inbounds. He then called it when the ball was loose.

They do have a gripe about no call on the grab on Maxie

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow great seats for what's actually not a bad price; factor in no hotel or travel expenses, and it's downright cheap for a lifetime memory.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dead on. How about the TOs in the 4th? Throwing the ball away turned the game not some phantom calls or non calls. He was getting calls. He acts like it’s 3rd grade flag football where no one is supposed to make any contact with him. That’s why he’ll never be GOAT IMHO.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Was the $418 for one ticket, or multiple?

Glad you had a great time.

Draft saved Draft deleted