1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I just want something to get excited about, again.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Isn't that the ceiling for Deadpool anyway though?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, though I thought the first one was decent.

4. outofplace

My comment on the new episode of X-Men '97.

He said the thing!

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The whole vibe of the show has changed since Genosha, and mainly for the better.

Also, Cap! Has he found his shield yet?

6. outofplace

I hope we get a scene with Captain America saving Rogue and making a snide comment about her tossing the shield. It is interesting to see them borrowing from so many storylines. They blended elements of E for Extinction and Zero Tolerance, and that last scene seemed like something out of Ultimatum.

The tone is definitely different and it works. The lighter, nostalgic approach drew people in before they got to the heavy stuff.

7. outofplace

I have had a couple of days to digest the latest episode. MCU fans who dismiss things that are animated are missing out. X-Men fans who have Magneto fatigue should give this a shot anyway. This version of the character is excellent.

This show gets a lot right that the movies got wrong. They don't overly focus on Wolverine. He is part of the ensemble rather than the star. They also get Cyclops and Storm right. The movies failed miserably with both.

Draft saved Draft deleted