1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Yeah. Thank heaven for streaming audio of radio play by play.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Stars shit the bed in Game 1, just like last season (also 4-3).

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Over the last few years, I've missed the two-line offside and wished the trapezoid was eliminated.
    Now ... I'll contradict myself to an extent.
    Max Domi's feed to Matthews for the breakaway was a beauty. IIRC, Benn's goal was somewhat similar.
    Missed the Islanders' collapse. Was stuck on Bruins-Leafs and Knights-Stars.
    Still believe the trapezoid needs to go. Why can't a goaltender be a passing weapon?

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Zibanejad to Kreider was right nice, too.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So you’re telling me there’s a chance.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The way those 90s Devils teams played, you'd need a bladed weapon to get past them at the blue line and if Brodeur could go all the way into the corner to get rid of a dump-in, it would probably be nigh impossible to have possession of any sort in the offensive zone.

Demko was already hurt, and just came back two games before the end of the regular season. Must have aggravated something.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ovechkin with just a brutal fucking turnover leading to an odd-man shorty for the Rangers. This game was intriguing, but there's no world where Washington pots five goals in any game in this series, so that's a wrap.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Less than four minutes in and the Colorado turnstile/ole defense/goaltending already clicking.

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Carter Verhaeghe gives the Panthers a 2-0 series lead with his seventh GWG and fifth playoff OT goal. Only Joe Sakic and Rocket Richard have more.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wow what a box exit by Colorado. Good lord Winnepeg just got pantsed

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

DeSmith is a booger of a name to wedge into the goalie chant. But I’ll take it.

12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Canucks dominate possession, shot attempts, territory etc. and lose 4-1. Nobody seems to expect Demko back this series.

Draft saved Draft deleted